Untangle Gateway Platform is a Linux-based network gateway with pluggable modules for network applications like spam blocking.
Version: 5.0.2-vmwareUntangle Gateway Platform is a Linux-based network gateway with pluggable modules for network applications like spam blocking, Web filtering, anti-virus, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention, VPN, SSL VPN, firewall, and more.
Operating System: Linux
Untangle leverages more than 30 of the best open source projects (e.g., SpamAssassin, Snort, ClamAV, OpenVPN) to safeguard the network with applications like spam blocker, spyware blocker, and virus blocker, web filtering, Firewall, IPS, VPN & more. To achieve industry-leading performance, Untangle's "virtual pipelining" technology enables each application to access network traffic in one singular process and therefore avoids the CPU context switches and buffer copies that would occur if each project was chained together through proxies. Untangle runs on VMWare or on dedicated standard Intel/AMD hardware. Untangle is free and open source under the GPLv2.
· Easy to Use – Untangle's GUI is based on a virtual rack metaphor, comes pre-configured for business use and updates software and signatures automatically
· Open Source – Sourcecode is downloadable and licensed under the GPLv2
· Free – The platform and 12 applications are free, including both software & signature updates
· Best of Breed – Leverages the best open source network software like SpamAssassin, Snort, ClamAV & others
· Comprehensive – Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Virus, Web Filtering, Phish Blocking, DOS Blocking, VPN, IPS, Firewall, router & more.
· Great Reporting – Comprehensive reports for each application and meaningful logs
· Future Proofing – Platform is designed to support future applications developed by Untangle or the community