Uplink connects SIP protocol VoIP calls to the proprietary Skype phone network. It works in both directions.
Version: 1.21Uplink connects SIP protocol VoIP calls to the proprietary Skype phone network. It works in both directions.
License: Free To Try $60.00
Operating System: Windows
The SIP protocol has become the industry standard for VoIP. Thousands of telephone companies, IP phone manufacturers and virtual IP based PBX systems use this protocol to connect calls.
The problem is the proprietary IP phone 'Skype' has an almost cult following in the youth market and sometimes the call rates for SkypeOut are discounted.
This software lets you connect calls between the two systems.
- Call centers who want to be able to advertise a Skype number for customers.
- Businesses running a PBX like the Axon PC or Asterisk Linux Based Phone System who want to advertise a Skype number.
- To use SkypeOut on your dial plan to make those calls to towns where Skype rates are cheaper.
- To use Sip Based Voicemail Systems or Sip Based IVR Systems (for example information lines) on Skype calls.
- Connects both incoming and outgoing calls to the Skype network.
- Can be used to make SkypeOut calls from a SIP device or SIP PBx.
- Can receive SkypeIn calls and direct them to your SIP extension.
- Fully complies with the RFC3261 for SIP signalling.
- Quick and easy operation.
Version 1.21: Major Update