Userexitd for TSM is a configurable handler for Tivoli Storage Manager events.
Version: 0.5Userexitd for TSM is a configurable handler for Tivoli Storage Manager events.
License: BSD License
Operating System: Linux
Userexitd for TSM allows an administrator to filter events using regular expressions and run various actions for TSM events, such as sending mail and SNMP traps, writing messages into syslog, and running scripts and programs.
This software consists of two parts: a simple shared library (userexit.so), which is dynamically linked to the TSM Server as a user exit and communicates using a socket with the userexitd daemon, which runs as a separate service. The daemon is configured with an XML configuration file.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed bug with defunct processes on AIX and Solaris
· Fixed bug with non working "disabled" rule attribute
· Fixed bug with losing syslog identificator on configuration reload
· Fixed bug with exiting normally with an invalid configuration
· Improved handling and logging of execution of child processes
· Improved error handling of file redirection, added support for "mandatory" attribute of < file/ > element
· Added support for altering environment of child processes (< env/ > element)
· Got rid of arbitrary limit of number of exec arguments
· Added a hint to sunos.mak for doing 64-bit builds on Solaris
· Improved installation instructions
· Added userexitd.init script for RHEL