.NET Distributed Application Platform that scales from the desktop to the cloud
Version: v.1.0 BetaThe Utilify Platform is the first .NET-based distributed computing platform designed to scale from a single machine to a large cloud environment such as Amazon's EC2.
License: Free To Try
Operating System: Windows
It offers developers a robust platform and an easy to learn and use Framework API, to rapidly develop (or adapt) distributed applications to run on a cloud infrastructure or even a local network of computers.
The Platform consists of the following components:
- a set of Executors
- that run on cloud instances / nodes and execute application tasks
- the Manager
- that also runs on the cloud and manages the network of Executors and distributes tasks to them
- the Management Dashboard
- which is a tool that helps to monitor and manage the Utilify Platform
- Framework API
- to help developers create distributed applications to run on the Platform
Benefits for developers:
- Simple and easy
- use framework
- Abstracts away the hardest parts of building a distributed application (threading, synchronisation, resource allocation and failure management)
- Familiar tools and technology (built on top of the .NET Framework, developers can use Visual Studio)
- More time to focus on the core business requirements and logic of the application
- Single code
- base that will scale from a single machine to a cloud environment
Version v.1.0 Beta: This is the first release of the Utilify Distributed Application Platform. Please refer to the feature list at www.utilify.com for more information.