Utility Dog - Find, view, and manipulate files on your Mac
Version: 1.4UtilityDog is a powerful utility that gives you unprecedented control over finding, viewing, and manipulating the files and folders on your disks.
License: Free To Try $29.95
Operating System: Mac OS X
You can efficiently find files and folders by virtually any criteria that you can think of and save your criteria for reuse.
You can browse through the results of a search or through the files on your disks and immediately see the contents of each file or folder with just a single click.
You can easily interact with files and folders one at a time, or manipulate many items simultaneously using convenient commands designed for batch processing.
Available commands include: renaming, copying, moving, trashing, labeling, changing type and creator codes, changing Finder flags, and modifying date information. In addition, you can use UtilityDog as a backup utility to back up your important files and protect against accidental loss of data.
Here are some key features of "Utility Dog":
· Powerful search engine finds files and folders using arbitrarily complex criteria that you specify. Find invisible items, pictures, files containing particular data or resources, and easily save your criteria for reuse.
· Browse disk contents easily - just like you do in an "Open" or "Save" dialog box and immediately see the contents of each file or folder with just a single click. The "iterate" feature even allows browsing without clicking the mouse or using the keyboard.
· View pictures, text, and other items without launching auxiliary applications. Just select an item in a list and its contents are immediately displayed.
· Find duplicate items (using many criteria including byte-to-byte comparison) to eliminate redundant files.
· Customizable lists can display and sort by almost any file attributes.
· Edit the attributes of any file or folder in a more comprehensive "Get Info" box.
· Powerful backup capabilities enable you to back up (or restore) exactly the items you want while preserving folder heirarchies and other important information.
· Efficiently compare, synchronize, or merge the contents of two folders.
· Batch process lists of files or folders in one easy step. Operations are available to:
* rename items (in arbitrarily complex patterns)
* copy items (with many choices for resolving name-conflicts)
* move items (including to the trash)
* make aliases
* change type and creator codes
* modify dates and finder flags
* change Finder comments.
· 30 days trial.
What's New in This Release:
· New license agreement - we've relocated our company to the state of Washington.
· Improved how UtilityDog handles the Back Up/Restore command.