Vectoraster is a graphics utility for creating vector-based raster patterns and halftones based on images or gradients. The raster patterns and point shapes can be freely configured to produce different styles.
Version: 7.4.4Vectoraster is a graphics utility for creating vector-based raster patterns and halftones based on images or gradients.
License: Free To Try $39.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
The raster patterns and point shapes can be freely configured to produce different styles.
The resulting rasters can then either be exported as vectors to EPS or PDF files, as images to JPEG, PNG, or TIFF, or simply copied into most graphics software. With the batch processing tool you can also easily apply rasters to frames in a movie to use the effects in animation.
- Many different point shape types, from circles to polygons or custom shapes from imported EPS, PDF or SVG files.
- Use characters as point shapes from any installed font, using a specified text to select the characters.
- Outline mode, where points are outlined, and you have to option to vary the point outline with point weight.
- Set raster point color or use color from the primary or secondary source image.
- Vary different parameters such as size, point aspect or shape contraction with the point weight to get different effects.
- Many different raster pattern types, including alternating grid, radial and varied density distribution that you can configure freely.
- Four raster distortion modes to twist, bulge, wave or split the raster pattern.
- Easily rotate and offset the raster pattern.
- Copy raster curves straight into most other vector graphics software.
- Vector export to EPS and PDF.
- Bitmap image export to JPEG, PNG and TIFF
Version 7.4.4: New in Vectoraster 7.4.4 - Fixes to full screen previews - Better support for high resolution source images - Better stability in source blur
Version 7.4.1: New in Vectoraster 7.4.0 - New combined sources mode for variable parameters. - Improved zoom and interface rendering.
Version 7.3.8: New in Vectoraster 7.3.8 - Fixes to bugs with settings artboard size and importing legacy files - Reorganized preferences and interface layout tweaks - Updating and license management framework updates
Version 7.3.7: New in Vectoraster 7.3.7 - New negative smoothing allowed for polygon point shapes - Better dynamic parameter value slider ranges - Performance improvements and bug fixes
Version 7.3.6: New in Vectoraster 7.3.6 -Performance improvements, especially on macOS 10.14 and retina macs. -Multi-scale can now also scale point stroke along with pattern and point size. -Fixes a bug with Multiscale not scaling radial raster patterns from the center.
Version 7.3.5: New in Vectoraster 7.3.5 - New variable point fill and stroke opacity parameters - Improvements to display zooming - Improvements to Finder quicklook previews and file thumbnails - Fixes some interface bugs on macOS 10.14
Version 7.3.4: New in Vectoraster 7.3 - Raster distortions (like randomize) can now have their strength vary based on sources. - New Offset distortion to make use of the new possibilities with source-based distortions. - Line rasters can now be aligned top/center/bottom. - New double linear gradients