VFGEN is a Vector Field File Generator for differential equation solvers and other computational tools.
Version: 2.3.1VFGEN is a Vector Field File Generator for differential equation solvers and other computational tools.
Operating System: Linux
There are many excellent programs available for solving differential equations and computing bifurcations of vector fields. However, each has its own format for specifying the vector field that defines the differential equation. VFGEN lets you define your vector field once (using XML), and export the vector field in several formats. VFGEN uses a C++ symbolic algebra library (GiNaC) to generate Jacobians and higher derivatives automatically.
Here are some key features of "VFGEN":
· Specify your equations once, and export to multiple file formats.
· Generate analytical expressions for Jacobians and higher derivatives automatically.
· Available export formats include MATLAB, Scilab, AUTO, GNU Scientific Library (GSL), SciPy, PyDSTool, XPP and more.
· New in Version 2.1.0: Octave, PyDSTool and RADAU5 commands added.
· New in Version 2.0.0: VFGEN can generate code for delay equations.
· Class Library for Numbers
· GNU MP (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· Improved input validation.
· The addition of assorted solvers and analyzers.
· Numerous bugfixes.