Video Finesse - Gives you control over your video signal
Version: 2.0.4Video Finesse gives you an unprecedented degree of control over your video signal, all from within Adobe Premiere. Nine filters control every aspect of your image, from levels and gamma, to sharpness, detail, and color. And more control means better video images and more business.
License: Free To Try $165.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Video Finesse gives you the nuanced controls needed to squeeze the highest quality image from your video, and the feedback via resizeable picture monitor, waveform monitor, and vectorscope displays to see exactly what those controls are doing. And as Adobe Premiere plug-ins, all the features of Video Finesse are available when using Premiere as your editing package.
With the increasing use of fully digital cameras and editing systems, traditional analog solutions to video signal processing such as proc amps are no longer a viable solution. At the same time, many of these digital cameras produce signals that are not broadcast legal and must be adjusted. The standard Premiere filters just don't give the necessary degree of control over such adjustments.
Here are some key features of "Video Finesse":
· Each filter allows full control over its settings, rather than simply being on or off.
· Each filter provides a picture monitor which can display any frame of the filtered clip, supports zooming and panning, or can be expanded to a floating window. You know what to expect from the filter without having to render.
· The picture monitor can be overlayed with a zebra pattern to indicate clipping against a selectable luminance or RGB level, similar to the zebra function in many cameras.
· The picture monitor can be overlayed with a pattern to indicate colors that are out-of-gamut.
· The picture monitor display can be "split" horizontally or vertically to give a before-and-after view of the filter's effect.
· Filter controls perform functions and use terminology familiar to video professionals. Why learn graphic arts terminology when editing video?
· Filters which alter video levels and colors provide a resizable, floating waveform monitor and vectorscope display. See the results of the filter using the tools you are familiar with.
· Features found only on high-end cameras (adjustable knee, black stretch, skin detail) can be used in post-production with prosumer and consumer level cameras.
· Demo version has red lines through the output image.
· Adobe Premiere 5 or later.