Virtual Grand Prix 2 Patch - Grand Prix racing game
Version: 1.6VGP2 is the an advanced open-wheeled racecar simulation, developed by Paolo Cattani and his staff at AlasSoft using industrial automotive standards for the simulation of the dynamic components (whose parameters were tuned using real telemetry data) and tested by real one-seater drivers.
Operating System: Mac OS X
To experience something more realistic, you have to race in real race-car competitions!
However, there is also an 'arcade' mode for beginners...
VGP2 is an original MacOS game and not a port from other platforms. Therefore it is specially optimised for both MacOS Classic and for OSX.
By slightly reducing the graphics detail you can expect very good framerate even on slow Macs, thanks to the original Mac optimised 3D engine.
Here are some key features of "Virtual Grand Prix":
· State of the art OpenGL-based 3D engine
· 16/24 bit output
· Real-time LOD reduction with distance for constant framerate
· Real-time lighting effects (lights, shadows, etc.)
· Real-time translucency/reflection effects
· Advanced sound effects engine especially designed for VGP2
· "Pit-Radio" digitized speech for real-time interaction with the user during race
· Highly advanced car dynamics model
· Developed using automotive (and not arcade game) industrial standards
· Tested and approved by real open-wheeled (F.Ford, F.Arcobaleno and F.3000) car racers
· Full setup available, including wings, gearbox, tyres, suspensions, differential, ballast, etc.
· A fun "arcade-mode" for inexperienced players
· Advanced Opponents' AI
· Single race, Championship race and Multiplayer Network race mode
· USB support for Force-Feedback devices (optional)
· Original 16bit, 44.1kHz, stereo sound track
· Network support.
What's New in This Release:
· This 1.06 version fixes a problem that may happen with some graphics card/drivers that prevents the sky from being displayed correctly. Unfortunately, the new sky-drawing method may be slower on older graphics cards, thus reducing the framerate (especially on old iMacs).
· 3D graphics card (8MB+).
· Virtual Grand Prix 2.