Visolve transforms colors of the computer display into the discriminable colors
Version: 4.1.2Visolve is the software that transforms colors of the computer display into the discriminable colors for various people including people with color vision deficiency, commonly called color blindness. One of its aims is to help people with color blindness guess a normal color.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Visolve can execute the following four types of color transformation and hatching:
1. Red-Green transform -- transforms redder colors to brighter, and greener colors to darker,
2. Blue-Yellow transform -- transforms bluer colors to brighter, and yellower colors to darker,
3. Saturation increase -- increases the saturation of all colors,
4. Filters -- darken all colors other than the specified color, and
5. Hatching -- draws different hatch patterns depending on color.
Red-Green transform and Blue-Yellow transform reflect the degree of color saturation into its brightness regularly. Therefore, e.g., by applying Red-Green transform, we think that people with color blindness might know not only the difference between red and green but also the difference between two reds, i.e., the degrees of red. Another aim of Visolve is to help people with color blindness know the color gradations in natural scenery etc. by their visual information.
We hope that color vision universal design will be incorporated into every digital device with a screen.
Visolve is free for personal and non-commercial use. However, the copyright is owned by Ryobi System Solutions. You may not copy, modify, or distribute the software without permission from Ryobi System Solutions.