vzpkg is the suite of OpenVZ template management tools.
Version: 2.7.0-18vzpkg is the suite of OpenVZ template management tools. These tools are used for software installation inside Virtual Private Servers.
Operating System: Linux
OpenVZ is an Operating System-level server virtualization solution, built on Linux.
OpenVZ creates isolated, secure virtual private servers (VPSs) or virtual environments on a single physical server enabling better server utilization and ensuring that applications do not conflict.
Each VPS performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server; VPSs can be rebooted independently and have root access, users, IP addresses, memory, processes, files, applications, system libraries and configuration files. See Documentation - Technology for more information.
The OpenVZ project is an open source community project supported by SWsoft and is intended to provide access to the code and ultimately for the open source community to test, develop and further the OS virtualization effort.
It is also a proving ground for new technology that may evolve into the Virtuozzo product offering. We encourage the community to access, use, develop and comment on the software and references on this site.
What's New in This Release:
· support for different (per OSTEMPLATE) rpm versions (OpenVZ bug #27)
· support/requirement for customized yum -- vzyum
· rpm/yum now executes scripts in VPS context
· mounting of /proc is done in VPS context (by our init)
· support for template sets (OpenVZ bug #15)
· support for per-ostemplate .rpmmacros (OpenVZ bug #16)
· fixed OpenVZ bug #28 (vzyum should exit if there's no relevant yum.conf)
· included statically built myinit for different platforms
· added vzosname utility
· added requirement for procmail (needed for lockfile util)
· fixed OpenVZ bug #63 (template cache should not be created if install-post fails)