Wake Up Call - For MessagePad 2x00 & eMate
Version: 1.1Wake Up Call is an alarm clock with custom audio recording, elegant UI and special heavy sleeper options for Newton OS 2.1
License: Free To Try $12.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "Wake Up Call":
· Audio Recordings - Not only can Wake Up Call use any installed system sound, but it also takes full advantage of the advanced audio capabilities of the Newton OS 2.1 to allow you to create audio recordings to use as your own personal wake up call. Use sounds, recordings, or both, with independent volume settings.
· Foolproof Interface - Have you ever set your alarm for 8:00, only to wake up late and find that you had set it for 8:00 PM by mistake? Ever stopped the alarm when you meant to snooze? These things will never happen with Wake Up Call. The clear digital display is easy to use and the time remaining is displayed right in the main window (but you can turn it off if it is too depressing). The alarm screen features a giant snooze button, with the Stop button tucked safely out of the way. The Extras Drawer icon changes so you know whether the alarm is on or not, without even opening the app. Also, the Test Alarm button in the preferences window allows you to instantly preview how your alarm will sound with one tap.
· Heavy Sleeper Options - Sometimes the best part of waking up is going back to sleep. That's why Wake Up Call features a nice finger-sized Custom Snooze menu, which lets you decide on the fly to skip that first morning class or meeting, and snooze for a couple more hours. But for those times when it is really important, you can turn on Wake Up Call's option to confirm alarm shutoff--making sure that when you stop the alarm, you don't go back to sleep (if you don't acknowledge the confirmation, it snoozes instead of stopping).
· Highly Configurable - From within Wake Up Call's intuitive tabbed-panel preferences display, you can configure every detail of how you want to be woken up. Choose the alarm sound an/or recording. Don't care? Then set them to Random mode. Independent volume controls for sounds and recordings. Adjustable alarm and snooze durations. User controllable pause between sounds. Should the alarm sound every day, or only when you turn it on? What should the power button do? Do you want to see how much time remains before you have to wake up? Wake Up Call allows you to specify all this and more, quickly and conveniently. Just check out the screen shots below!
What's New in This Release:
· There is now an option to have the alarm start soft, and gradually increase in volume.
· Tapping the "Time Remaining" display in the main window now pops up a picker that lets you set the alarm to go off after a certain amount of time (i.e., 8 hours from now).
· And you can set Wake Up Call to automatically turn on the backlight when the alarm sounds.
· MessagePad 2x00 or eMate.