WebPics - Build webpage picture galleries
Version: 2.8Quickly and easily build web page galleries from your digital pictures. Create thumbnails, captions for each picture, select a back ground color or image and many other options to customize your pages.
License: Free To Try $16.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
No knowledge of HTML authoring is required. Includes full online help files.
Here are some key features of "WebPics":
· quickly create great gallery web pages from your digital pictures to share with friends and family
· create web pages with no prior knowledge of web page authoring
· automatically generate thumbnail pictures for gallery pages
· automatically link the thumbnails to the full size pictures
· set font size, style and color for titles and captions
· set web page background colors and patterns
· use many image file types: JPEG, GIF, PICT, BMP, TIFF
· automatically move the generated web page files to your web site via FTP (requires Mac OS 9.0 or newer)
· embed custom HTML code in web pages via the HTML quoting feature
· all operations in WebPics are fully scriptable with AppleScript.
· Registration screen at startup.
What's New in This Release:
· added image watermark feature to provide more capable image marking functionality
· added support for iPhoto Library Manager when locating album information for importing from iPhoto
· added standard font group choices to the font popup menus
· added background image repeat (tiling) control
· streamlined the build process to re-use the current build folder if it is available
· added information to the document that tracks the build state to avoid rebuilding the full gallery when minor changes are made
· created a Spotlight importer to allow searching for text in WebPics documents (see below for more details)
· updated the navigation link style to be easier to use
· improved the iPhoto caption import process and added preference to turn it off if desired
· added 'Starting Point' feature for saving initial document settings
· added commands to auto-insert web and email links in text fields
· added 'Reveal Picture File in Finder' command
· added support for including full size original photos in addition to the scaled image
· added 'Updated on' date option for bottom of gallery pages
· added support for PNG (Portable Network Graphics) image file type
· added support for home page links on the gallery pages
· and the usual many other small cleanups and bug fixes.
· QuickTime 3.0 or later.