Wendy is a Web engine software written in Perl.
Version: 0.9.20080117Wendy is a Web engine software written in Perl. It works with mod_perl under Apache2. Wendy uses PostgreSQL for DB storage.
License: Artistic License
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Wendy":
· Fast - Wendy works in mod_perl, which is very close to Apache web server. Wendy supports data caching, from pages to SQL requests results and even ordinary scalars.
· Flexible - Wendy supports custom Perl handlers and modules, there is no limits on their output and functionality (or so I believe).
· Open - Wendy is built on top of open-source software.
· Featured - It supports DB clustering, Memcached clustering. It also supports multiple site languages out-of-box.
However, Wendy is young and experimental software yet. Use at your own risk.
· Apache 2
· mod_perl 2
· PostgreSQL v7.4 or higher
· Perl 5.8