Whisperer~ - Advanced vocoder application
Version: 1.0Simply put, The Whisperer~ is a vocoder. But it's a rather extraordinary vocoder: one which allows unprecedented control over all kinds of parameters and in which anything can be used as a resynthesis source. A wide range of effects is possible with The Whisperer~ - from the traditional "Mr. Roboto" trick to intricate envelope tracking effects, from subtle aural enhancements to extreme soundscape textures which evolve over long periods of time.
License: Free To Try $39.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
For quick start instructions and tutorials, refer to the clipping files "Quick Start Instructions" and "Tutorial " in the Docs and Tutorials folder. While using The Whisperer~, you can click on (almost) any text set in the handwriting font to open up a help window for that topic. Make sure to read the System Requirements before launching The Whisperer~ for the first time.
Here are some key features of "Whisperer":
· control over panning, delay, feedback, filter width, center frequency and amplitude in each of the 16 resynthesis channels
· unlimited choices of resynthesis source: noise, pulse train, user-defined sample or even the input source itself
· a functional yet funky user interface where all the important controls are quickly accessible
· all parameter changes can be controlled via MIDI, random walks or control-rate oscillators
· any controller can be linked to any knob or slider of the control surface - even to multiple knobs or sliders
· preset banks and controller setups can be saved to disk
· extensive help file system built into the application itself (no need to open a browser app to get help)
· a set of tutorials showing the wide range of possibilities available
· record the audio output to a soundfile (aiff, sd2, NeXT, wave, and raw audio formats supported)
· process a soundfile or incoming audio, both in real-time
· support for any ASIO compatible sound card and the Macintosh Sound Manager
· output can be routed to other audio applications via VST, DirectConnect, and ReWire.
· The program is fully functional, except that the Record to File feature and the VST, DirectConnect and ReWire drivers are disabled.
· PowerPC G3/350 or faster
· At least 22MB of free physical memory (Virtual Memory is not supported)
· a 1024X768 screen is recommended, but you could get by with 800X600 in a pinch.