As Chroot / Jail implementation for Windows platform, WinJail provides environment partioning to jails with their own files, processes and user accounts, offering additional level of system security.
Version: 1.0WinJail is paravirtualization and security related software. It provides separate disk sandboxes for any kind of applications like Unix chroot / jail commands.
License: Commercial $49.00
Operating System: Windows
WinJail provides transparent redirections of file operations from common places like Windows folders to private copies of them.
Itl also enables unique possibility to separate programs by users who launched it, and every user is able to use his private sandbox even for the same application.
WinJail can be widely used for different purposes as:
- Background for Anti
- SpyWare, Firewall and so on. In this way all possibly unsafe processes like ICQ, MSN, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer are put in jail so that in case of destructive behavior no harm is done to the system. All files and folders that can be used by the process are copied from the real system and used by the process privately and transparently.
- To safely test new software. Thanks to the limited scope of a jail every vulnerability or either bug in software will not jeopardize system integrity.
- Important piece of servers security. By moving internet
- aware web servers, ftp servers, application servers, database servers to jail, you decrease possible risk of attacks, damage, and increase system stability in general.
- For ease of administration reasons.When a computer is used by many users it is needed to establish a clean cut between their services, mainly for security. For example, it can be used in Internet Cafe. WinJail allows each user work in his or her own environment safely and easily backup and delete all users files after his / her work is finished.