The Witzend ReplaceInFiles Add-in gives Microsoft Visual C++ one-step search and replace for all files in a project. It merges seamlessly into the Visual C++ environment, installing a new Replace in Files command in the Edit menu.
Version: 2.2The Witzend ReplaceInFiles (TM) Add-in for Visual C++ 5 and 6 gives you fast one-step search and replace for all source files in a Visual C++ project.
License: Free To Try $49.95
Operating System: Windows
The ReplaceInFiles Add-in attaches so transparently to the Visual Studio environment that the only outward change to Visual Studio is a new Replace in Files command added to the environment's Edit menu. Simply choose the command to activate the ReplaceInFiles Add-in.
The ReplaceInFiles Add-in offers a wealth of features that give you plenty of control over the search process:
- Date and size filters. You can restrict a search to files within a specified range of size or date. For example, search and replace only in those files between 10K and 50K in size and dated within the last month.
- Case sensitivity and whole-word searching. Specify case sensitivity (find Abc but not abc) and whole-word filters (find any but not anywhere).
- Confirm replacements. The ReplaceInFiles Add-in allows you to confirm each replacement before it is made. Each located string is shown highlighted in context, allowing you to click a Yes or No button to confirm or disallow the replacement.
- Search nested folders. ReplaceInFiles optionally "drills down" through nested subdirectories, ensuring that all files in a project are searched.
- Automatic file backup. The ReplaceInFiles Add-in can automatically backup each file before revising it. The feature is intelligent, backing up only revised files and giving each the same name as the original file with a numeric addition.
- Online help. The interface is very intuitive for the Visual C++ user, but if you have a question, an extensive online User's Guide is always available. Or you can activate the "question mark" button on the ReplaceInFiles dialog and click any feature for a detailed description.