The Witzend ReplaceInFiles Add-in supercharges Visual Studio's Replace in Files feature for one-step search and replace in project source files. Attaches to the Visual Studio environment, adding a new Replace in Files command to the Tools menu.
Version: 5.0The Witzend ReplaceInFiles (TM) Add-in supercharges Visual Studio's Replace in Files feature, giving you fast one-step search and replace for all project source files, whether you work in C++, C#, or Visual Basic. The ReplaceInFiles Add-in attaches so transparently to the Visual Studio environment that the only outward change is a new Replace in Files command in the environment's Tools menu.
License: Free To Try $39.95
Operating System: Windows
The ReplaceInFiles Add-in offers a wealth of features that give you plenty of control over the search process:
- Date and size filters. Restrict a search to files within a specified range of size or date. For example, search and replace only in those files between 10K and 50K in size and dated within the last month.
- Case sensitivity and whole-word searching. Specify case sensitivity (find Abc but not abc) and whole-word filters (find any but not anywhere).
- Confirm replacements. The ReplaceInFiles Add-in lets you confirm replacements before they're made. Each located string is shown highlighted in context, allowing you to click a Yes or No button to confirm or disallow the replacement.
- Search multiple projects in a single step. Find yourself working with large solutions that contain many projects or subprojects? ReplaceInFiles intelligently recognizes multi-project solutions and quickly scans through all files in each project.
- Search any folder. The optional Browse view lets you search-and-replace anywhere, even in files that aren't contained in a project. Navigate to where you want the search to begin and ReplaceInFiles does the rest.
- Automatic file backup. The ReplaceInFiles Add-in can automatically backup each file before revising it.
- Online help. The interface is very intuitive for the Visual Studio user, but if you have a question, an extensive online User's Guide is always available. Or you can activate the "question mark" button on the ReplaceInFiles dialog and click any feature for a detailed description.