X-Launch is a GTK-based skinnable run dialog.
Version: 0.5X-Launch is a GTK-based skinnable run dialog.
Operating System: Linux
It has bash style autocompletion, skin support, and animations to let you know when a slow application is launching.
It can function like other run dialogs, but you can also tell it to stay resident in memory and hide itself after it launches an application.
X-Launch not only looks better then any other Run dialog, but is more powerful and faster then most. It will manage it's own hotkey, so you don't have to have a window manager that supports hotkeys and it doesn't have to launch every time you want to launch an application.
For those of you out there that are avid keyboard users, especially for launching applications, then this program is for you.
Here are some key features of "X Launch":
· Launch applications easily from a command interface
· Fresh looking skinable user interface
· Set a hotkey to bring up the launch window
· Animations to let you know a slow program is launching
· Full command history that has smart sorting (last used, first shown)
· Inline command history, no need for using arrows or tab to select command
· Tab completion for executable file in your path
· Tab completion for directories
· Edit your history easily.
· Configurable behavor after an application is launched.
· Smart app technology that will figure out if you have typed a valid application.
· GTK+ version 1.2
· gnome libraries (specifically gnomeui)
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed options dialog. Added scroll bar