X-Words Deluxe - Educational crosswords game.
Version: 3.1Can't get enough of crossword puzzles? Try X-Words Deluxe, a fun, educational crosswords game that'll test anyone's word knowledge. Even Monty -- not the world's best speller -- loves it!).
License: Free To Try $19.95
Operating System: Mac OS X
Best of all, you can play X-Words your way, using a wide variety of boards, vocabulary lists and languages. A great game for the whole family to enjoy!
It's a fun and educational board game that allows you to place double, and triple multiplier squares, and to custom edit wordlists. The game even provides a special Shakespeare wordlist that only contains words found in the Bard’s plays and sonnets! You can play against a friend or against one of the computer characters featuring ten levels of difficulty ranging from Beginner to Lexic If you like Scrabble, you'll love X-Words!
Here are some key features of "XWords Deluxe":
· Numerous competitive opponents, each with adjustable skill levels and his/her own running commentary!
· Network play on the Mac via GameSmith.
· Many different boards and scenarios!
· Special word lists for kids, for experts, even for Manx Gaelic-speakers!
· A totally configurable interface - make your own board, word lists and bonus words!
· G3, G4, G5 or Intel Processor
· 300 Mhz or faster
· 16 MB VRAM minimum
· 128 MB RAM minimum
· 20 MB hard drive space minimum
· 10 launches trial