xGates - fight against a powerful software monopolist named Bill
Version: 1.3xGates is a sophisticated but outrageously bloody game of brutality that pits you and your chainsaw against a powerful software monopolist named Bill.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Bill is the owner of a powerful software company known for its monopolistic and predatory business practices, not to mention ruthless extermination of competitors. Now Bill has ported his market-dominant operating system to the Mac in an attempt to wipe out the last remaining obstacle between him and COMPLETE WORLD DOMINATION!
Bill will attempt to replace the MacOS system on the world's various Macs with his own twisted derivative. Only YOU and your trusty CHAINSAW can prevent Bill from achieving his megalomaniac goal.
Featuring game music, a variety of sounds, stunning artwork and addictive gameplay, xGates is a truly state-of-the-art addition to the scrawny world of MacOS X gaming. Inspired by "xbill", it is distributed under the terms of the Free Software Foundation's GNU General Public License.
What's New in This Release:
· The GNU effect - a new ally in the battle against Bill
· Steve is now much more helpful
· Animated 'About' screen
· Blood splatters for more delicious gore!
· Fixed bug where key event input during play would be handled in the high score entry screen
· Fixed bug where a game screen frame would be drawn over the high score screen on game over
· Better randomized Bill starting locations
· It is now theoretically possible to win xGates, given enough luck, skill and perseverance.
· CarbonLib 1.2 and DrawSprockets for Classic OS.