XIWA project is a web based accounting package written in Perl and postgreSQL released under the GPL.
Operating System: Linux
The package currently runs within a Portal environment that provides sessions, users, and other features. The Portal is released under the perl license so as to be widely useful to everyone.
Here are some key features of "XIWA":
· Double Entry Accounting
· Non double entry data entry screens (Check, Deposit, Credit Purchase, Credit Receipt)
· Includes Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Profit and Loss and other reports
· Create and Customize Reports
· Multiple users at the same time
· Multiple sets of books (ledgers)
· Multiple ledgers open at the same time
· Chart of Accounts
· Share Accounts/Codes between ledgers
· Check Register view for any account
· Bank Reconciliations
· Use Sub Entities/Departments within ledgers
· Basic Payroll Support
· Calculates Payroll Tax Deductions for employees and creates check entries that can be edited as needed
· Payroll tax (Federal 941) deposit calculator
· Payroll Reports
· Federal 941
· Missouri 941
· Detailed Stocks (Securities) History including:
· Spin Offs
· Stock Splits
· Update stock prices from Internet
· Track securities/stocks on watchlists
· Portfolio of securities with historical prices
· Capital Gains report
· DBIWrapper 0.14
· HTML Document Object 2.12
· PCX Portal 0.1.03
What's New in This Release:
· Half of the code has been completely rewritten.
· New interfaces such as Check View and Deposit view have been added, in addition to rewriting the Double Entry view.
· The reporting code has a little cleanup, but is being completely rewritten in trunk.
· The demo server is gone, but there is now a demo appliance that can be downloaded.