xmbmon is a monitoring program for motherboards.
Version: 2.05xmbmon is a monitoring program for motherboards.
Operating System: Linux
Recent motherboards have functionalities to monitor the CPU temperatures and the frequency of CPU cooling fans etc.
Although some programs utilizing these hardware monitoring facilities have been developed for the Microsoft Windows platforms, no programs seem to exist for PC-UNIX and the X Windows System platforms.
Thus, I have tried to make small programs. They have only least functionalities, the one "mbmon" used at the command line reports the temperatures, voltages and rpm (rounds per minute) of cooling fans, and the other "xmbmon" displays the three temperatures and a core voltage as simple curves.
The following hardware monitor chips are supported and the programs will work if your motherboard uses one of them or their compatible chip:
1. National Semiconductor co.
LM78/LM79, LM75, LM90, LM80, LM85
2. WinBond co.
W83781D, W83782D, W83783S, W83627HF, W83697HF built-in, W83L784R, W83L785R, W83L785TS-S, W83627THF
3. ASUSTek co.
AS99127F, ASB100 (Bach), ASM58 etc. (Mozart-2)
4. VIA Technology co.
5. Integrated Technology Express co.
IT8705F, IT8712F built-in
6. Genesys Logic
7. Analog Devices
ADM1024/1025/1027, ADT7463, ADM1020/1021/1023
8. Standard Microsystem co.
What's New in This Release:
· Bugs for detecting ALi chipset fixed.
· Further smoothing for plotting curves in xmbmon.
· SMBus accesses of VIA VT8237 and Intel ICH6 are supported.
· Problem related to select() system call fixed.
· The part of IO port read/write is unified into an gas in-line assembler code (so, gcc with x86-gas is assumed!).
· Changes to work on Solaris for x86 platform and others for cleaning up the codes.