XPde is a Windows XP-like desktop environment for Linux.
Version: 0.5.1XPde is a complete desktop environment for Linux on x86. It tries to make easier for Windows XP users to use a Linux box.
Operating System: Linux
Nothing more, no clipboard compatibility between Gtk and Qt applications, no emulation of Windows applications, no unification on the widgets of X applications, just a desktop environment.
What's New in This Release:
· The desktop now fully uses PNG+Alpha channel, so you can use the icons of your choice anywhere
· The icon theme has been updated to the latest crystal svg, but not all icons are included, just the needed ones
· The used font now is Bitstream vera, which looks very similar to tahoma
· Now, I'm using QTheme from Andreas Hausladen: http://mitglied.lycos.de/AndreasHausladen/Delphi/Kylix/CLXPatches/unitcomp.html#QThemed
· Still some work to do on this field.
· The desktop now is a XPShellListView control, that means that is based on the XPListView control will be used to build the explorer and that uses the XPDirectoryMonitor, a component that maintain an update list of files from a directory and it gets notified about changes without polling or using FAM
· The desktop now repaints significantly faster, I have spent most of the time optimizing the code to make it work faster in lower resources machines
· The taskbar is also completely new, is built using bitmaps, as you can see in the shot and can be themed very easily
· The window manager is mostly new, it also allows you to use themes, including rounded window frames.