Xrefactory is a refactoring browser for Emacs, XEmacs, and jEdit.
Version: 2.0.13Xrefactory is a plugin for Emacs, XEmacs, and jEdit which provides code completion, source browsing, and refactorings. It is based on full pre-processing, parsing, and static analysis of sources and works with the C, C++, and Java languages.
License: Free To Try
Operating System: Linux
Xrefactory contains a stand-alone cross referencer, and a generator for HTML documentation.
Here are some key features of "Xrefactory":
· Full integration with Emacs and XEmacs.
· Available on Solaris, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows systems (other platforms on demand).
· Source browsing based on our own tag implementation supporting multiple preprocessing passes and resolving scopes, accessibilities, overloading and polymorphism.
· Functions for finding forgotten symbols.
· Detection of unused variables, methods and functions.
· Browsing of class inheritance tree.
· Code completion auto-updated after each modification of source code without need for recompilation.
· Refactorings for method (function) extraction; renaming of namespaces, classes, parameters, variables, fields (structure records) and methods (functions); insertion, deletion and moving of parameters. Refactorings are safe with detection of possible conflicts.
· Capable of generating HTML documentation with fully cross referenced source code and 100% of correctly resolved symbols.
· Back mapping preprocessor solves problems introduced by macro expansions, conditional directives and file inclusions.
· Professional C++ front-end from EDG allows to accept ANSI C++ as well as GNU g++, Sun CC and Microsoft MSVC++ language dialects.
· Designed to work with the largest projects. Xrefactory can index millions of lines of code within several minutes. It is capable of updating its index by reparsing only modified files.
· Multiple projects support with project auto-detection.
· Interfacing Emacs IDE functions from the compile.el and comint.el packages.
· Full undo under Emacs and XEmacs.
What's New in This Release:
· This bugfix release fixes several problems with the xref-recipe-build script as well as with the compiler wrappers, a problem with extraction of static variables defined inside a function, and a few small problems with completion under gcc emulation, including completion of symbols starting with the string "operator_".
· A small improvement in coloring keywords in completions has been implemented.