Xtags for InDesign - Enhanced markup tags for InDesign
Version: 4.0.1Xtags is a powerful text filter for QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign that automatically creates finished documents from a tagged text file.
License: Free To Try $400.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Xtags gives IT departments, OEMs, and system integrators a way to automate the construction of complex documents without learning InDesign internals or creating custom plugins, and it gives tag-using end users the power they need for complex editorial jobs.
When driving the document building process with a database (picture-based data publishing, books, catalogs, classified ads, etc.), Xtags gives you the ability to build very complex documents using the data-side environment of your choice.
From the end user's standpoint, no technical knowledge is required, and it's easy to use - you produce a tagged text file, and the end user (or your automation script) simply imports the tagged text to generate the final document. Here are just a few things you can produce with Xtags: catalogs, one-to-one marketing, TV guides, directories, real estate guides, trader and swap magazines, phone books, classified advertising, and much more!
Xtags can create text content with full styling, anchored and unanchored boxes and rules, size boxes to their contents, group multiple items together, apply master pages, and control many other aspects of document building.
It integrates with InCatalog as well, allowing you to build a document and then update your data at any time without having to rebuild your document. Xtags is available for both Mac OS and Windows.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a sporadic problem which was causing the creation of unanchored boxes placed as anchored boxes (i.e. with the x and y parameters left empty) to fail.
· Unanchored boxes are now placed in front of existing boxes by default.
· Previously, they were always being placed behind existing boxes. Added support for the send-to-back (K) flag, used to place new unanchored boxes behind existing boxes.
· Unanchored boxes placed as anchored boxes (i.e. with the x and y parameters left empty) are now positioned as they are in Xtags for QuarkXPress where the top-left corner is aligned with line's height rather than with the font's ascent. (This difference is really only apparent if the line contains a baseline-aligned anchored object.) That Xtags for QuarkXPress aligns to the line height rather than the font's ascent -- as the documentation states -- is probably a bug, but in the interest of cross-application compatibility we're going to mimic that behavior in Xtags for InDesign.
· Fixed a problem which was causing unanchored boxes placed as anchored boxes (i.e. with the x and y parameters left empty) to be positioned incorrectly if the paragraph's style differed appreciably from the No Paragraph Style's style.
· Adobe InDesign 2 or CS.