xvkbd is a virtual keyboard for X window system.
Version: 3.0xvkbd is a virtual keyboard for X window system. It provides facility to enter characters onto other clients (softwares) by clicking on a keyboard displayed on the screen.
Operating System: Linux
This may be used for systems without a hardware keyboard such as kiosk terminals or handheld devices. This program also has facility to send characters specified as the command line option to another client.
· On XFree86, resolution switch with Ctrl + Alt + Keypad-Plus and Ctrl + Alt + Keypad-Minus may be simulated. However, Ctrl + Alt + Backspace will not be simulated.
· Shift is used to decide key to be sent and it will not used to set modifier bit when sending the event. You can use xev command to check what is actually sent.
· If Alt or Meta is not defined as modifier, the key can't be used as modifier. You can use `xmodmap -pm' to check how modifiers are defined.
· Num Lock (and maybe other modifiers) on the physical keyboard may not work correctly when xvkbd is in use.
1. untar the source in a directory, and move to the directory
2. If you wish to use genuine Xaw insead of Xaw3d, edit Imakefile and remove (or comment-out) `#define XAW3D'.
When you are installing xvkbd (for example) in very old systems, you may also want to remove `#define XTEST' and `#define I18N' to disable XTEST and internationalization facility respectively.
3. Run xmkmf; make install install.man
What's New in This Release:
· New Property panel.
· New automatic click feature.
· Key-click sounds when key is pressed.