Yet Another MetaData Injector (yamdi) is a metadata injector for FLV files.
Version: 1.4Yet Another MetaData Injector (yamdi) is a metadata injector for FLV files. It adds the onMetaData event to your FLV files. yamdi should run under *BSD and Linux (tested with FreeBSD, MacOSX and Ubuntu) and is published under the BSD license.
License: BSD License
Operating System: Linux
For a current project I have to add metadata to quite large FLV files (over 1GB). The other known free tools (flvmdi and flvtool2) are not suitable for that job because they read the whole file into memory. Because I'm not very familiar with ruby (in order to modify flvtool2) and flvmdi is not open source I took the FLV specs and implemented a metadata injector in C. yamdi uses less memory and is faster.
Yet Another MetaData Injector for FLV injects the following metadata into your FLV files:
· keyframes (filepositions, times)
Download the source code and extract it with tar:
tar xzf yamdi-1.0.tar.gz
Change into the yamdi directory and compile the source code with:
gcc yamdi.c -o yamdi -O2 -Wall
yamdi accepts four paramters:
- i The source FLV file.
- o The resulting FLV file with the metatags. If the output file is '-' the FLV file will be written to stdout.
- c A string that will be written into the creator tag. This parameter is optional
- h Displays a description of the available parameters
yamdi -i sample.flv -o sample_with_metadata.flv
yamdi -i sample.flv -o - > sample_with_metadata.flv
yamdi -i sample.flv -o sample_with_metadata.flv -c "John Doe"
What's New in This Release:
· The onLastSecond FLVTag did not have a valid timestamp. This has been fixed.