Allows you to create virtual desktops that allow you to extend the functionality of Mac OS X
Version: 1.3.1 Beta 1 / 1.3You Control: Desktops allows you to create virtual desktops that allow you to extend the functionality of Mac OS X. You can create a desktop for various workspaces that you define to help you organize your personal workflow.
License: Free To Try $29.95
Operating System: Mac OS X
Create a desktop for your email. Create another for your image editing and organization. Create yet another for web-browsing.
With Mac OS X, you can multitask like never before. You can run several applications at once and have multiple windows open at the same time very easily.
But when it comes to trying to find something specific, sorting through all of those open applications and windows can become time consuming and frustrating at best.
Because You Control: Desktops is based on You Control menu utility, your desktops are available in the Mac OS X menu bar.
Navigating between desktops won't add more clutter to your desktop.You can customize how you interact with your custom menu as well. You Control: Desktops allows you to:
· Simply click on an icon to switch to a different desktop.
· Use "Palette" mode to drag and drop apps & windows between desktops.
· Set customized hot-keys to switch desktops.
· Assign different background images to your desktops.
· Easily consolidate all applications and windows to a single desktop.
· Drag applications and windows between desktops.
· Assign an application to a specific desktop.
· Automatically change desktops when you switch applications.