YP Rectilinear Motion - Plots a graph of velocity
Version: 1.0YP Rectilinear Motion is targeted toward physics teachers and physics students. It allows the user to plot a graph of velocity as a function of time with simple mouse clicks.
License: Free To Try $5.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
The program uses this graph to build a graph of position vs time, and a graph of acceleration vs time, which are displayed in separate windows.
The motion described by these 3 plots can be simulated. During a YP Rectilinear Motion simulation, 3 vectors can be displayed in the animation window (positon, velocity and acceleration), while the tangent line can be seen in the position and velocity diagrams.
Here are some key features of "YP Rectilinear Motion":
· The "Position" window: graph of position as a function of time (the initial position is always zero).
· The "Velocity" window: graph of velocity as a function of time.
· The "Acceleration" window: graph of acceleration as a function of time.
· The "Animation" window: simulation of the motion described by the velocity graph.
· 300 Kb on your hard disk
· 3 Mb of RAM.
· Some features are disabled.
· Runs on Mac OS Classic only