ypbind-mt is a multi-threaded implementation of a NIS binding daemon.
Version: 1.20.1ypbind-mt is a multi-threaded implementation of a NIS binding daemon. ypbind-mt compiles and works on Linux with glibx 2.x (libc6).
Operating System: Linux
It should work on every System with POSIX threads and glibc 2.x. ypbind-mt works under Linux with libc5 and linuxthreads 0.7.1, but this C library isn't really thread safe and shouldn't be used with threads.
Here are some key features of "ypbind mt":
· Supports bindings to multiple domains.
· Supports /var/yp/binding/* file for Linux libc 4/5 and glibc 2.x.
· Supports a list of known secure NIS server (/etc/yp.conf)
· Binds to the server which answered as first if the old one is down.
· Check all 15 minuts, if the current server is really the fastest.
What's New in This Release:
· ypbind has now DBUS support to watch network status messages from NetworkManager (if NetworkManager is used).