ZoneIdeas is a software based on PHP5 intended to help organize and rate ideas in you company, group or yourself.
Version: 0.1ZoneIdeas is a software based on PHP5 intended to help organize and rate ideas in you company, group or yourself.
Operating System: Linux
· PHP (Version 5.2 or greater)
· MySQL (Version 4.x or greater)
· Web server (We recommend Lighttpd or Apache or any server that supports PHP and MySQL)
If you are planning use ZoneIdeas on your computer, check, for example, XAMPP package (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html).
1) Download zip package with ZoneIdeas source files from (_LINK_).
2) Unzip the package you downloaded to the directory of your choice on your webserver.
3) Create new database for ZoneIdeas on your MySQL server (Probably with phpMyAdmin or CPanel or ask you hosting provider to do this for you).
4) Open settings.php file in your favorite editor (Notepad etc.).
5) Fill nessesary fields with info from your account to MySQL server
define("MYSQL_HOST", "localhost" ); // host name - in most cases localhost
define("MYSQL_DATABASE", "zoneideas" ); // database name - database you created in step 3)
define("MYSQL_USER", "root" ); // database user - root is default user, you can use another created database user
define("MYSQL_PASSWORD", "" ); // database password
If you are planning use ZoneIdeas on shared hosting server, you will get needed this info from your hosting provider.
It is possible you will have to ask them to create new database for you. It depends on hosting settings and you hosting plan.
6) Create all database tables requered to run ZoneIdeas with file sql_schema.sql
7) Access directory on webserver you inserted ZoneIdeas in with your browser (For example if you unzipped ZoneIdeas directory to root of webserver directory on your local machine, write to address bar of your browser: http://localhost/zoneideas. You need running webserver and MySQL though)