zr364xx for Linux attempts to bring support under Linux for the Aiptek PocketDV 3300 in webcam mode.
Version: 0.70zr364xx for Linux attempts to bring support under Linux for the Aiptek PocketDV 3300 in webcam mode (also known as "Maxell Maxcam PRO DV3").
Operating System: Linux
All the code is still under developpement...
If you just want to get on your PC the pictures and movies on the camera, you need to use the usb-storage module.
Maybe this code can work for other JPEG/USB cams based on the Coach chips from Zoran? Possible chipsets are : ZR36430 (ZR36430BGC) and maybe ZR36431, ZR36440, ZR36442...
You can try the experience changing the vendor/product ID values (look at the source code).
You can get these values by looking at /var/log/messages when you plug your camera, or by typing : cat /proc/bus/usb/devices.
What's New in This Release:
· /! switch to V4L2 API : driver is now only compatible with V4L2 and 2.6.x kernels /!
· /! for compatibility with older kernels, please use old versions (not maintained) /!
· fix compatiblity for 2.6.18 kernel and greater
· removed JPEG decoder since it is not needed anymore
· removed gadget options (osd, software brightness/contrast)
· added some delay during open/close sequences to avoid webcam hardware crash
· enabled 640x480 mode for webcams using method 2
· code cleanup (driver is really smaller than before)