Free ActiveX component for enterprise strength zip compression. ActiveXZip is a high performance compression solution that is simple to use. This toolkit is totally interoperable with the Zip standard and comes fully functional and completely free.
Version: 2.3.1Free ActiveX component for enterprise strength zip compression.
Operating System: Windows
ActiveXZip is a high performance compression solution that is simple to use. This robust toolkit is totally interoperable with the Zip standard and comes fully functional and completely free.
- Free The component is fully functional and available free of charge.
- Clearly designed simple to use API Our development toolkit is so intuitive and simple to use that you will be up and running with it in minutes.
- High performance ActiveXZip is able to archive megabytes of files within seconds. It is able to keep pace with programs such as WinZip.
- On demand file zipping and unzipping
- Password protection Encryption and Decryption provided utilizing the Industry standard Zip 2.0 encryption format.
- Ability to store full path info Files can be added to the zip archive with their full path or, if desired, just a partial path.
- Wildcard handling Addition and extraction of files can be specified utilising the windows wildcard mechanism. Example of a path specifying a wildcard is c:windowssystem32*.exe.
- Maintenance of file attributes The original files' attributes are maintained within the archive and during extraction.
- String Compression & decompression
- Event feedback
- Recursively compress folders ActiveXZip can optionally traverse subfolders looking for files to include. This provides a fast mechanism for adding multiple files with a single command.
- Provided as a MSM module for easy distribution with 3rd party software Distributing ActiveXZip could not be easier. Supplied as a Merge Module (MSM) for easy deployment.
- Unlimited distribution
Visual Basic Example
Dim myZip As New activeXZip
myZip.create â€œc: emp est.zip"
myZip.addFile filespec:="c: emp", recursive:=True, storepaths:=True, password:=""