Dispatcher creates a fully functional Updater executable for you to include with your software. Dispatcher automatically generates binary Patch data and uploads it to your website(s). There, the Updater will find and apply it on the users' PCs.
Version: 2011.05.05Dispatcher creates a fully functional Updater executable for you to include with your software. All you need is a website (HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP), and your users will be kept up to date.
Operating System: Windows
Dispatcher automatically generates binary patch data and uploads it to your website(s) whenever you release a new version.
When the Updater is run on a user's PC, your software will automatically be patched to its latest version!
The Updater can be run in a variety of ways, including to only pop-up when an update is available.
- Create Updaters and Installers for your software
- Choose Patch Mode (Transfers only the binary difference between files) or Sync Mode (Transfers compressed individual changed files)
- Release Updates via any standard Website (HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP)
- Supports downloading updates from multiple mirror Websites, if desired
- Works with Free Webhosts, thanks to File Extension Masking
- All data needed for the Updater to update your software is automatically generated and uploaded to your website for you
- Updater can be configured to only pop
- up when there is an update available, to be run before your software, or to be manually run through your software
- Save bandwidth! Only 2 bytes are downloaded to check for updates; Patches can be as small as 200 bytes
- Small Updater file size (about 100kb)
- Change between using binary patches or downloading compressed individual files at any time
- File Recovery allows updating of files that were deleted/altered by the user, which would otherwise be unpatchable
- Automatic Rollback ensures that your software is never left in an unusable state due to interrupted updates
- Works fully without relying on Puchisoft servers
- Simple to set up and maintain using a GUI
- Optional Command
- line parameters allow scripting the distribution of your software
- Runs on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Wine(Linux
Version 2011.05.05: Support for more rare web servers
Version 2010.02.08: Now with Patch Mode fully included in Freeware Edition, Auto-Archiving, Full Extension Mask Support, and a new default Side-Logo
Version 2010.01.24: Now comes with defaults for English and German Updaters!
Version 2009.10.12: Now allows you to customize the Updater's text!
Version 2009.04.25: Now supports User Authentication!
Version 2009.01.13: Auto-Uploading to FTP Mirrors is now faster!
Version 2009.01.11: Can now mask Update Data's file extension for compatibility with free webhosts!