Quexal is a development environment aimed at MMX / iSSE programmers. It was designed to accelerate the development cycle and flatten the learning curve of MMX / iSSE programming.
Version: 1.9.2MMX / SSE instructions can greatly enhance the performance of the following applications: multimedia (audio / video), communications, DSP kernels, 2D and 3D graphics, image processing and speech recognition.
Operating System: Windows
But current compilers do not support these instructions.
Now there is a better way: Quexal, a development environment aimed at MMX / iSSE programmers.
Here is how Quexal will help you get the job done quickly and easily:
- flatten the learning curve! you can work with well understood concepts, such as variables and common operations, instead of registers and cryptic MMX/SSE opcodes;
- take it easy! its custom designed graphical interface guides you step by step, displaying only relevant options;
- work faster! the compiler optimizes source code into optimally scheduled MMX/SSE assembly code that can be directly pasted into any other development environment, thus taking the optimization phase, the most time-consuming and error prone one, out of the development cycle;
- save an upgrade! you can use MMX and iSSE instructions even if your compiler does not support them, as the bytecode compiler turns source instructions directly into machine language; Quexal supports the Microsoft Visual C++, Borland C++ Builder and Borland Delphi compilers;
- bug killer! includes a visual Debugger that re-arranges source code in a graph showing dependency bonds among instructions; you can enter source values and analyze what the instructions defined in source code do, and therefore easily detect troublesome spots;
- become a code guru
- instantly! the optimized code is as good as that written by world class programmers, but no knowledge of micro architectural designs is required;
- maintaining code? no problem! you can modify the source code in the Quexal environment and then optimize it again, instead of changing MMX / iSSE code listings.