UTFCast Professional is a tool for Windows that lets you batch convert all text files to UTF encoding including UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32. It can convert a directory full of text files and keep the whole directory structure intact.
Version: 3.0.6704UTFCast Professional is a tool that lets you batch convert all text files to UTF encoding including UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32 with just a click of your mouse.
License: Free To Try $19.95
Operating System: Windows
You can use it to convert a directory full of text files to an output directory, while maintaining the directory structure of the original files. It doesn't even matter if your text file has a different extension - It can automatically detect text files and convert them, and also has the ability to recognize over 30 codepages.
- Super high speed. 100,000 files, sized about 65GB, it only takes UTFCast Professional about 200 seconds for detection on a mid-end computer. And a file sized about 290MB only takes it 7 seconds for conversion. This means in one second, it detects 400-500 files or converts over 40MB of your files.
- Multi-Core support. Multi-Core is leveraged to maximize detection and conversion. The only bottleneck is your hard disk drive.
- Automatical text file detection. No matter what the file's extension is, UTFCast Professional will always check whether the file is a text file. Just select a folder, your text files will be automatically picked up for conversion.
- Detect and convert 30+ codepages. Codepages does not need to be specified manually, UTFCast Professional can recognize 30+ codepages, such that correct codepage will be automatically applied to every text file.
- Unlimited file size handling. Convert a text file that larger than 1GB, or even 1TB? UTFCast Professional can handle this!
- Easy to use. Click on a menu item only ONCE, UTFCast Professional will convert every text file in the folder, output conversion results to another folder, and keep your folder structure intact. Nothing could be simpler than this!
Version 3.0.6704: Fixed compatibility issues with Windows 10 April 2018 Update
Version 3.0.6593: Preview panel now supports previewing with manually selected codepage. Console command line mode. Count files that are in the filtered view. ASCII codepage is renamed to UTF-8/US-ASCII and UTF-8 (US-ASCII Subset) to prevent confusion. Many improvements and tweaks in user interface. etc.
Version 2.9.6404: Fixed in-place conversion generates incorrect file names when at least one codepage filter is turned on,
Version 2.9.6388: Fixed a bug that may cause reporting incorrect processed file count and progress when a session ends. Fixed a potential bug that may cause command line mode to report incorrect progress.
Version 2.9.6346: Fixed a GUI rendering bug in filter panel
Version 2.9.6306: File List can be filtered by BOM, wildcard and status along with codepages. File list now lists nothing instead of all files, if all codepages are unchecked in the codepage filter. Fixed codepage filter does not update file count after manually making correction to codepage. Updated installer. Etc.
Version 2.9.6293: File List can be filtered by BOM, wildcard and status along with codepages. File list now lists nothing instead of all files, if all codepages are unchecked in the codepage filter. Fixed codepage filter does not update file count after manually making correction to codepage. And more.
Version 2.8.6222: Preview file size can be customized. Fixed preview region is not resized when preview panel is undocked. Improved File List View performance.
Version 2.7.2: Updated runtime libraries to support Windows 10 anniversay update. Display version info on title bar. Other minor adjustments to GUI.