24U SimpleTalk - Communication plug-in for FileMaker Pro
Version: 1.124U SimpleTalk Plug-In allows FileMaker Pro to communicate with user, another FileMaker Pro, and other applications via TCP/IP.
License: Free To Try $46.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
You can simply trigger scripts or evaluate calculations in remote FileMaker Pro clients, or seamlessly integrate FileMaker Pro with other TCP/IP capable applications, such as those created with Real Basic or Runtime Revolution. You can even also connect to and control your FileMaker solution via Telnet!
Here are some key features of "24U SimpleTalk":
· Act as server, waiting for a TCP/IP connection from a client app/computer
· Run a script on demand from the client app/computer
· Evaluate a calculation on demand from the client app/computer
· Perform custom commands/actions depending on received data
· Act as client - connect to a server, send commands, wait for responses
· Talk to another instance of itself via TCP/IP
· Let users connect via Telnet and run a script or evaluate a calc.
What's New in This Release:
· Runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel based Macs
· Works with FileMaker 7.0, 8.0 and 8.5
· Opening/closing of a connection and data arrival can be handled separately
· Behaviour of default values improved
· Connection and server identifiers are now unique
· Handlers are not triggered unexpectedly during connection
· Data handler does not start before the previous data handler ends
· If client receives an empty line (just a terminator) all works correctly now
· Received data are not lost when the other side closes the connection
· Terminator in function STalk_Send can be overriden now
· Sending and receiving data now works as expected with all supported encodings.
· FileMaker Pro 7.0v1 or later.