Argile - A standalone software application that gives you fast and user friendly 3D retouch
Version: 1.12Argile is a new artistic studio dedicated to visualize, sculpt and retouch 3D models. Its flexibility and ergonomics will turn Argile into the indispensable companion to create morphs, to sculpt a model and paint it in real time. In a couple of minutes you will get used to this powerful and intuitive original toolbox.
License: Free To Try $93.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Argile's core, the Sculpture Studio invites you to explore shapes.
Along with the complete set of classic features (automatic detection and selection of points/vertices/faces, rotation, dilatation, displacement, constraints...), Argile offers a palette of unique brushes to manipulate a model as if it is clay, to add fine details, to shape the model as you want. These natural and intuitive brushes let you literally feel the volume of the models through the mouse. Other original tools help you soften or accent the relief as if you were drawing.
In just a few moments, you will be able to refine your model to the last details and sculpt it to fit your imagination!
Does your model need to be enriched with colors and materials? The 3D Paint palette lets you paint on the mesh as easily and naturally as drawing on a canvas. In real time, add textures, colors, transparency, bump, normal mapping... to your 3D models. A complete and very innovative 3D paint module that widely opens the gates to your creativity.
Fine tune shadows and lights, give an atmosphere to the scene... and in no time the rendering engine calculates an image of your objects and compositions. In addition a Cartoon render is available to explore new graphic impact. This render module is also useful to visualize immediately your retouches, prepare compositing, or quickly render an illustration!
Here are some key features of "Argile":
· Visualization, navigation and editing in real time 3D
· Immersive interface or full screen mode (without icons/interface)
· Editing with symmetry option is always available
· Totally intuitive unfolding control panels for lighting, axis constraints and 3D views
· Object Manipulator
· Settings for material and texture of objects
· Application of custom textures, images and bumps
· Environment reflection ("envmap")
· 3D Paint: a complete drawing tool palette to paint directly on the 3D models. All the channels: color, texture, transparency, emboss. Interactive brush settings, preset brushes catalog. A lot of available options.
· Graphic tablets support
· Any resolution
· High quality render
· Multi-channel exports (character, shadow, mask, etc.)
· Visualization and retouching models in OBJ format by simple drag and drop
· QDM Import
· Advanced symmetry detection for files with symmetry precision problems. Symmetry detection threshold tuning
· Generation of mesh through subdivision
· Import of custom props ("Merge")
· OBJ and QDM (N-Sided proprietary format) formats
· Model size adjustment during export
· "Export from List" command to export only a selection of objects
Detailed contents of product
· The program and its documentation
· A dozen of primitives and 3D objects with UV maps
· Export plug-in for OBJ and QDM 3D formats
· Export 2D of images and associated channels
· Processor PowerPC G4 (G5 recommended) or Intel
· 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
· 40 MB free disk space
· Monitor with 1024x768 resolution or more
· 24-bits Graphic card (or 32 bits) OpenGL compatible
· 3 button mouse
· 30-day trial
During the first 7 days, the trial version is fully functional. Afterwards you will be limited with:
· No 3D export
· Watermarked background and textures
· Rendered images size limited to viewport