bgscreensaver - Use screensaver as desktop picture
Version: 1.1bgscreensaver is a simple AppleScript program to start and stop a screensaver module as a desktop picture.
Operating System: Mac OS X
The original shell command for this trick is courtesy of Micheal Conwell (as reported by Michael Coyle at ResExcellence.com)
Make sure you have a screensaver module selected in your System Preferences. Doubleclick the "bgscreensaver" application to start or stop the screensaver module as a desktop background. A simple logic switch within the script will launch the screensaver module if it's not running, or stop it if it's already running.
What's New in This Release:
· Adds support for Exposé and Supports "Command-tab" application switching and Exposé.
· Includes full Makefile for recompiling
· Now supports fast user switching (probably not recommended for performance reasons!).
· Mac OS X (tested on Mac OS X Panther 10.3.9)
· Screensaver module selected in the Screen Effects Preference Panel.