Cabri II Plus - Agreat program that will help you design 2-D and 3-D figures
Version: 1.4Cabri II Plus is appreciated for its simplicity of use and solid educational foundation.
License: Free To Try $155.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
With just a few clicks, students can:
· Construct 2-D and 3-D figures, from the simplest to the most complex, by combining fundamental geometric objects such as points, angles, segments, circles, planes, solids and transformations.
· Create expressions using fundamental algebraic concepts, such as numbers, variables and operations.
· Connect geometry and algebra by measuring length, angles, area and volume and then attaching these numeric values directly to the figure to use them in calculations or in algebraic expressions.
· Explore a figure's properties by manipulating its variable elements. Observe the effects of dynamic transformations like shrinking and enlarging. Make conjectures about algebraic and geometric properties, and then verify relationships among various parts of a figure.
The teacher can:
· Create activities that:
· facilitate the introduction and understanding of new concepts
· promote the discovery of theorems, instead of just showing them
· help model real-life situations.
· Generate classroom resources by inserting text or pictures in a figure, modifying graphical elements, copying/pasting into other software and producing high-quality printouts.
· Present activities to students, have them manipulate figures, observe and guide them. Using Cabri allows you to better assess individual student comprehension.
· Expand online by integrating figures that can be manipulated on web pages or by incorporating Microsoft Office documents.
· Students are able to solve problems at NCTM standards and can establish a possible interdisciplinary connection to geography, physics and the arts.
· 30 days trial