CalcPad X - Word processor for mathematical expressions.
Version: 1.1CalcPad X is a "word processor" and evaluator for mathematical expressions! CalcPad X lets you type an expression and evaluate it with a single click. Use it as a normal calculator or for evaluating more complex formulas and expressions.
License: Free To Try $13.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
CalcPad X allows you to type in a mathematical expression, edit it for accuracy, format it for easy readability, then evaluate it with single mouse click or key press. And, because it takes full account of standard use of brackets (braces) and mathematical hierarchies (i.e. the orders of precedence of operators - multiplication before addition etc), you can type the expression exactly as it's written.
True "wysiwyg" calculating! Each "Pad" (mathematical expression) can be saved for later use (e.g. for a commonly used conversion or formula). Use variables to easily evaluate the same expression with multiple values.
Rename variables for clarity and readability. Many scientific and trigonometric functions are included and more will be available with future releases (requests accepted!). CalcPad X is also able to solve simultaneous linear equations and quadratic equations.
Here are some key features of "CalcPad X":
· Single click evaluations of simple calculations or complex expressions;
· Full arithmetic hierarchy (including brackets/braces);
· Many included scientific and trigonometric functions (with more on the way - requests accepted!);
· Easy editing and formatting like a word processor (including cut & paste, drag & drop, bold, underline etc);
· Comprehensive number formatting including fixed decimal places and currency;
· Localization of number formatting (decimal & thousands separators, and currency symbol);
· Support for up to six variables for use in expressions;
· Allows custom naming of variables;
· Floating Tool Palette for easy entry of numbers, operators, and functions;
· Paper Tape for saving a history of calculations;
· Full support for opening and saving multiple documents;
· Error handling and notification;
· Extensive keyboard support;
· Comprehensive manual in PDF format (view with OS X's Preview application);
· Support for: Speech, spell checking, and drag and drop.
· 30 days trial period
· limited to 10 launches