Chord Studio is a musical program all about chords
Version: 2.0Chord Studio is a musical program all about chords, from simple triads to complex jazz voicings.
License: Free To Try $40.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
It is :
· Educational, telling you the name of a given combination of notes, or letting you hear how a chord with a given name sounds
· Practical, for printing out professional looking charts for yourself or others to play
· Creative, letting you experiment with chord sounds in a unique way that would be cumbersome to do in a normal sequencer
Chord Studio can play through a sequence of chords, or save one as a MIDI file. It will also open a MIDI file, presenting it as a new chord chart.
· Registration screen at startup.
What's New in This Release:
· The whole look and feel has been revamped, from the Keyboard Window to the chord charts themselves.
· As the new toolbar above suggests, you can now play through the chords in a chart like a sequencer, and you can insert a new range of symbols, including different barlines, key signatures and time signatures.
· A chart can now be exported as a MIDI file. Also, the names of chords can now be customised, so if you disagree with the default name you can override it.
· There is now a fast way of entering data in various parts of the program. When you see the cursor change to a double-headed arrow over a panel, you may change that panel's value by clicking and dragging up or down to increase or decrease respectively. Usually a double-click allows you to enter a value directly with the keyboard. Try it over the root note value in the Make Chord window.