Commander II - Commander re-engineered from the ground up: more efficient, more powerful, more features!
Version: 2.1New Commander II re-engineered from the ground up: more efficient, more powerful, more features!
License: Free To Try $6.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
It delivers what the precedent Commander was missing: a handful of nice-to-have features which enhance the user experience, multi-threads, responsiveness, continuous full control over windows and processes, command interactivity handling.
Here are some key features of "Commander II ":
The same but enhanced features of Commander, plus:
· Interactivity fully handled
· Shells sharing across windows
· Continuous child processes monitoring with force to quit option
· Multiple concurrent workflow windows, which can be saved and printed
· Commands output redirected to log when executed in workflow's
· Logs can be printed, searched and exported in text file.
· The shareware is fully functional; it needs a license to remove the occasional reminder.
What's New in This Release:
· The workflow window has been re-designed, the graphical metaphor used in previous version has been abandoned for a more efficient tabular interface: only few clicks need for defining a workflow, as selecting and reordering commands or assigning control values to them, with commands information shown real-time; possibility of having multiple concurrent workflow's each in its own window, additionally the workflow's can be saved and printed.
· Handling numerous workflow entries for batches or testing benchmarks results facilitated, the commands are executed asynchronously with the command window output turned off when executing in this way, to avoid screen overload, and re-directed to a "per workflow run" log which can be viewed, searched, printed and eventually exported in a text file.
· No keys combinations for controlling the workflow: just position the row selection on the command where to start and a single two way button handles the run/stop.
· The command window has also dramatically enhanced, via the new "Add to Shell" menu, multiple windows can be added to share use a common shell and monitor active child processes with the option to force quit them in case of problem. Handling interactivity is also possible: reply to any prompt shown in the result field by putting the response text in the command field.
· Several internal changes and bug fixes make its use more reliable and performing; finally the license scheming is also changed, its interface is loaded via menu and the program is now distributed as shareware: when unlicensed, while it remains fully functional, a reminder will appear each 10 executed commands.