dvcPrompt! - Easy-to-use teleprompting software
Version: 1.0dvcPrompt! is an easy-to-use and very powerful teleprompting software.
License: Free To Try $60.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Teleprompters are cool. Putting a half-silvered mirror in front of the camera so the talent can read magically floating white letters scrolling upward while looking straight down the barrel of the camera lens is a great way to save the trouble of memorizing lengthy scripts and make shoots go faster, smoother and better.
Even without a mirror, you can put a laptop above, or below, the camera to achieve almost the same thing.
dvcPrompt! offers a second window with perfectly synchronized scrolling that can be placed on a second monitor so you can operate the prompter for your talent. The text on the talent window can be normal, or reversed.
Here are some key features of "dvcPrompt":
· smooth, quiet scrolling using your mouse scroll wheel or laptop trackpad
· responsive, easily adjustable scrolling speed
· easily change text size and line spacing for better readability
· mirrored font included for through-the-lens teleprompting
· choose any font on your system (except for mirrored operation)
· adjustable window size to fit your monitors
· invert text for easy viewing on a white or black background
· QuickRewind - when the talent flubs a line, just a flick of your finger backward on the mouse wheel and the text will rapidly skip back a few lines at warp speed so you can retake the section, unlike other prompters where you have to work very hard to scroll back a few lines.
· EZedit - Wording sound a little awkward in a section? Want to make an on-the-spot script revision? This is very common. No hassle. Just click the edit button, make your change, click done and keep prompting!
· Have a long script and want to jump to a certain phrase without scrolling and scrolling and scrolling? Use the QuickSearch field to instantly jump where you want.
· Is the eyeline indicator a little high or low? Just click on it and drag to reposition- the change is automatically mirrored in the second window. Or make it more transparent or opaque.
· Mouse scroll wheel or trackpad
· 2nd monitor (for through-the-lens prompting)