Dictionary and grammar checking software by Ultralingua, with easy to use interfaces and extensive dictionary databases
Version: 7.0.1English Dictionary of Definitions is a very useful dictionary and grammar checking software. It has easy to use interfaces, extensive dictionary databases, and seamless interaction with other applications.
License: Free To Try $29.95
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "English Dictionary of Definitions":
· Hundreds of thousands of indexed items, including tens of thousands of secondary entries.
· Indications of literary, slang, and vulgar usage, and indications for usage (including synonyms, accompanying prepositions, general categories, and more); thousands of technical terms; grammatical notes concerning irregular forms for tho# usands of entries (plurals, past participles, future stems, etc.; the marking of regional usage and spelling.
· Automatic verb conjugation (for many languages)
· Multilingual interface
· Modular structure -- add several languages to one Ultralingua interface
· Add personal entries
· Look for examples of usage on the Web
· Translate blocks of text via the Web
· Redesigned interface for Mac OS X
· Improved PowerSearch feature
· The ability to "float" above other applications, so
· Ultralingua is always available.
· The ability for users to create and deleter their own entries, personalizing their dictionary.
· In bilingual dictionaries: a reverse translation feature, which helps show how various choices translate back into the departure language (an essential tool for zeroing in on the right word or expression).
· In monolingual dictionaries: a secondary translation feature, allowing one to define a word within another definition without losing one's place.
· Drag & Drop, allowing you to drag words between
· Ultralingua and other applications.
· Comprehensive on-line language references (see individual dictionaries for specifics).
· A button bar that gives one-click access to many commonly used features.
· A history feature, for retracing your searches.
· A tool that will translate numbers (e.g. 133) into text (e.g."one hundred (and) thirty-three," etc.).
· 10 days trial