eXodus - seamlessly access a wealth of X Window applications
Version: 9.0eXodus gives Macintosh users the power to seamlessly access a wealth of X Window applications residing on UNIX, VMS, and Windows NT host computers.
License: Free To Try $270.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
eXodus features integrated SSH security and Hardware Accelerated OpenGL.
eXodus provides native support for Mac OS X, with its state of the art Aqua interface, as well as classic Mac OS. eXodus runs on both proficiently giving you the freedom to migrate from old to new OS without compatibility or re-training concerns.
eXodus includes its powerful TunnelMate™ SSH Security Client providing the crucial security system you need to run X applications from anywhere without security concerns. Together they guarantee your X connections are encrypted while sheltering you from the underlying complexities of Secure Shell.
Here are some key features of "eXodus":
· Fully Carbon Compliant for classic Mac OS, and Mac OS X
· Secure Shell Security via TunnelMate Secure Shell Security Client
· Enhanced rootless screen support for X Desktop environments
· Complete X11R6.4 compliance
· Launch Mac OS X local X client applications with X Connection manager
· Warp Cursor support
· True Color Support (16- and 24-bit color)
· Seamless integration with popular Web Browsers
· Easy text and graphics transfers
· Supports all X font formats, includes 75dpi, 100dpi, and Asian fonts
· Support for the Euro character
· Complete printing capabilities
· Display Management options (XDMCP)
· Xauth user access control
· Xhost and local Xhost support
· Access control option with Confirm Connection mode
· Backing Store and Save Under support
· X Extensions include GLX, XIE, Record, Multi-Buffering, Shapes, SYNC, XTEST, DECwindows Server Management, and Big Request
· Logging feature with log-file conversion utility
· User-selectable keyboard maps
· User-definable X Meta key and X Alt key
· Configurable 3-button mouse support
· ICCCM compliance
· Supports all XDM modes
· TCP/IP connections: RSH and REXEC
· VMS connection via TCP/IP.
· 30 days demo.
What's New in This Release:
· A problem that could cause black areas to be displayed in client windows has been corrected.
· A crash that occurred when defining a very long color name "on-the-fly" has been fixed.
· A problem that prevented saving a custom keymap has been fixed.
· A problem which prevented the complete drawing of eXene's Motif-style window frame has been corrected.