Font Explorer gives you access to all the characters in your fonts
Version: 2.0.1Font Explorer gives you access to all the characters in your fonts. A zooming feature lets you see all the details of the glyphs. The keystrokes required to produce specific characters are displayed. A text entry field lets you preview and copy text in the selected font and style. Font Explorer also features a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) font list, supports various text encodings, lets you copy glyphs as pictures, prints font preview pages and more. Enjoy!
License: Free To Try $10.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "Font Explorer":
· See all the glyphs in your fonts.
· Font Explorer's Glyph mode lets you see all the glyphs in your fonts, even those that are not mapped to characters.
· Copy glyph outlines as pictures.
· You can copy glyph outlines as PDF Bézier paths and paste them in a drawing application.
· See the characters' full names.
· Font Explorer shows the full name of the selected character. This is especially useful when trying to distinguish between characters that look the same, such as the degree sign (°) and the masculine ordinal indicator (º).
· Print font preview pages.
· You can print a preview page for the selected font and style. Preview pages show what a font looks like when used for writing text.
· Display various character sets.
· You can see all the characters available in character sets such as ISO Latin 1, Mac OS Roman, ASCII, Unicode and more. You can also choose to see only a specific range of the Unicode character set. This feature is especially useful for webmasters and people who work on multiple platforms.
· Quickly find the font you are looking for.
· The Go To Font command shows a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) font list that you can quickly pick from.
· Quickly jump to any Unicode character.
· The Go To Character command lets you quickly jump to any Unicode character in a font.
· Change the size of the text in the text entry field.
· The new Size menu lets you set the size of the text in the text entry field.
· Use Mac OS X's Font Panel to select a font.
· The Mac OS X Font Panel is now fully supported in Font Explorer.
· Browse multiple fonts simultaneously.
· You can now open multiple Font Explorer windows and have each of them display a different font and style.
· Quickly copy characters and text to the clipboard.
· The Copy Character and Copy Text buttons make it quicker to copy the selected character or the contents of the text entry field to the clipboard.
· 2 weeks trial.
What's New in This Release:
· A new "Glyph" mode shows all the glyphs in a font, even glyphs that are not mapped to characters.
· Glyph outlines can be copied as pictures and pasted in a drawing application.
· The full name of each character is now displayed.
· Font Explorer can now print font preview pages.
· The character grid can display various character sets, including Unicode, ASCII, Mac OS Roman, ISO Latin 1 and more.
· A new "Go To Font" dialog features a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) font list that lets you quickly find the font you are looking for.
· A new "Go To Character" dialog lets you quickly jump to any Unicode character in a font.
· A new "Size" menu lets you set the font size of the text entry field.
· Mac OS X's Font Panel is now supported.
· Font Explorer now lets you browse multiple fonts simultaneously.
User Interface Enhancements
· The "Character Info" and "Unicode Info" tabs were replaced with a single information pane.
· The icon and name of the currently selected keyboard layout are now displayed.
· The toolbar was replaced with always-visible popup menus.
· The Copy Character and Copy Text buttons are back in the main window.
· The Font Explorer window now has a brushed metal look.
· Selecting a Unicode range now displays only the characters in that range instead of jumping to the start of the range in the Unicode grid.
· The Artistic Techworks logo was removed from the main window.
· Font Explorer's application icon and "About" dialog were changed.
· The user interface was enhanced for Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther". The window elements now appear correctly and a soft shadow is now visible under the glyphs in the zoom view.
· The arrow keys now change the selected character.
· Many keyboard shortcuts were added.
· Performance improvements were made throughout the application.
· Font Explorer now features an online help system that runs in Help Viewer.