An open source component framework for building rich Internet applications
Version: 1.4.0Geomajas is a web-based, thin client GIS software with editing capabilities, and support for complex relation models in the browser. Geomajas has an open architecture enabling easy sharing, integrating and updating of GIS data. Check out the live demo or take a look at the product specifications.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Geomajas is a component framework for building rich Internet applications (RIA) with sophisticated capabilities for the display, analysis and management of geographic information.
Geomajas is a free building block that will allow the developers to add maps and other geographic data capabilities to their web applications.
At one end of the scale, the product can be used to build web-mapping systems of the kind popularized by Google Maps. At the other end, it can be used to build complete Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for the analysis and editing of geographic data.
Geomajas can also be used to add geographic data capability to web applications.
Some examples of possible applications:
· Publishing geographic data on the internet
· Maintenance of cadastral maps
· Maintenance of utility infrastructure data
· Analysis of environmental data
· Site location analysis (finding the best site for a new factory/store/service centre)
· Analysing sales volumes by geographic region