Heat of Battle - Teamplay oriented total conversion mod for Call of Duty
Version: 1.0It's here! The culmination of years of intense work, dedication, blood, sweat, tears, and crashes to desktop. Heat of Battle for Call of Duty has finally reached that pivotal v1.0.
Operating System: Mac OS X
We've brought a lot of great new features into this version and are finally at a point where we feel comfortable calling it one point zero. In the beginning there was one vision for what we felt that Call of Duty should be.
Of course, that vision has been altered many times but the fundamental goals remained the same. Bring gamers together, make them want to work together, and make it as tactical as possible.
We invite you to try Heat of Battle v1.0 and see what we've always wanted it to be.
See you on the battlefield!
What's New in This Release:
· Integrated admin tools to facilitate tournament play
· New map: Junobeach (by Televinken)
· New map: Maaloy (by Televinken)
· Re-introduced & updated map: Offensive
· Updated maps: CR44, Defiance, Village
· Capture code reworked
· Portals added to a number of maps to increase performance
· Several potential server crashes fixed (particularly for Linux servers)
· Player death count at end of round corrected (thanks, Jim!)
· Point penalty for switching teams removed if autobalance would have assigned you to the other team. I.e., you're no longer penalized for balancing the teams.
· Other minor fixes...
· Call of Duty 1.4.